DIRECTIONS TO CAMP JOY FROM WOLF BRANCH SCHOOL
- Take I-64 East. Get off Exit 27, Route 161 (2 exits beyond Scott AFB)
- At stop sign at bottom of the off ramp, make a left turn onto Route 161 toward New Baden.
- Proceed on Route 161 approximately 16.3 miles and make a left on Slant Road (See the sign that reads "Caryle Lake - 6 and Boy Scout Camp"). You'll pass through New Baden, Albers, Germantown, and Bartelso and will pass straight through some four-way stop intersections with flashing red lights along the way. Slant Road is about a mile beyond the Knights of Columbus building (on the right) in Bartelso which is next to a church with a tall steeple able to be seen for miles prior to approaching Bartelso.
- Proceed on Slant Road for 4.1 miles. Turn right on Camp Joy Road. See the sign that reads "Royal Lake and Boy Scout Camp".
- Proceed 6 tenths of a mile. Make a left turn into the Camp Joy Gate
- Proceed straight once inside camp ground. Soon after passing by the lake on the left, you'll approach a parking area on your right which is next to the Chow Hall and Visitor's latrine. Park there.